Philosophy & Background
Established in 2002, HW Litigation was the first boutique commercial litigation firm in Queensland.
Our specialised team can assist in all facets of dispute resolution, risk management, negotiation, and Court action where appropriate..
Many law firms practice exclusively in commercial law and have no interest, nor the expertise, to become involved in commercial litigation.
Established in 2002, HW Litigation was the first boutique commercial litigation firm in Queensland. The firm was incorporated in 2011 and now operates as an incorporated legal practice pursuant to the terms of the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld). The firm provides unique and specialised legal services to corporations, businesses, individuals and other law firms in relation to a range of legal areas where disputes may arise. The boutique nature of our firm means our directors and staff can devote their complete focus to providing the highest levels of skill, service and attention to our clients’ needs.
In 2008, the legal directors of HW Litigation satisfied the rigorous assessment process of the Specialist Accreditation Board of the Queensland Law Society and received the honour of obtaining Specialist Accreditation in the field of Commercial Litigation. Such accreditation is highly regarded in the legal services industry as evidencing a solicitor’s knowledge and commitment to their field of practice. Accredited specialists must undertake ongoing legal education over and above that of an ordinary solicitor. As accredited specialists, the legal directors of HW Litigation have evidenced their intention to remain at the forefront of the field of commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Our philosophy is to be proactive, not reactive. We believe the best results for our clients are obtained when their lawyer is “on the front foot” in all facets of the case.
We aim to:
- advise tactically in relation to “issues of concern” at the pre/early-dispute stage to avoid an escalation of the issues/dispute;
- devise an individual strategy for each dispute in an effort to achieve the desired outcome in the fastest possible time with the minimum possible expense;
- work closely with our clients as part of their team to make sure they understand with precision what their money is paying for and to remove the mystery from the legal process.
Our experience has led us to acutely appreciate from a client’s perspective that:
- there is a need for prompt strategically driven legal advice on issues concerning potential and litigated disputes;
- in addition to legal advice, clients often also need practical advice about how best to deal with certain situations;
- disputes can be stressful;
- disputes often involve unwelcomed expenditure;
- disputes distract business people from what they do best.
It is our appreciation of clients’ needs and perceptions about disputes which has cultivated and drives our firm philosophy. Our aim and our desire is to provide the highest levels of client service available.